Collaborative Health Partners of Virginia (CHP) and its primary care partners—CVFP Medical Group, Walk-In-Care, and Physicians Treatment Center—are pleased to announce their success as a participant in one of the nation’s highest-performing accountable care organizations (ACO), Privia Quality Network (PQN). PQN achieved shared savings of $86.5 million through the Medicare Shared Savings Program (MSSP). Together, Privia Health ACOs provided high-value, cost-efficient care to more than 121,000 Medicare beneficiaries in 2020.
These company-wide results reflect Privia’s commitment to improving the health of the communities we serve through technology, team-based care, and unique wellness programs that engage patients in their health, prevent disease, and enhance care coordination both in and outside of the doctor’s office.
“We understand how to meet healthcare providers where they are on their journey to improve care and outcomes in their community. These results are proof that the Privia Health platform is continuing to transform the healthcare delivery experience for patients and providers,” said Shawn Morris, CEO, Privia Health. “I am extremely proud of our physician and provider partners, care management teams and staff, who continue to focus on providing exceptional care and a differentiated experience.”
Other noteworthy highlights aggregated across Privia Quality Network in 2020:
- Delivered total annual average expenditures 15% lower than the median MSSP ACO and 24% lower than total Fee for Service Medicare.
- Achieved weighted average emergency room utilization 22% lower than the median MSSP ACO and 30% lower than total Fee for Service Medicare.
- Achieved weighted average hospital observation stays 22% lower than the median MSSP ACO and 27% lower than total Fee for Service Medicare.
- Delivered weighted average outpatient facility spend 22% lower than the median MSSP ACO and 35% lower than total Fee for Service Medicare.
- Accomplished weighted average inpatient facility spend 20% lower than the median MSSP ACO and 29% lower than total Fee for Service Medicare.
- Performed at a quality score level of 97% or higher in each of Privia Health’s four ACOs.
The amount of Medicare healthcare expenses included in PQN has grown from $111 million (2014) to $1.04 billion (2020). Established through the Affordable Care Act, MSSP facilitates coordination and cooperation among providers that form ACOs to improve health outcomes, increase the standards of care and reduce unnecessary costs, benefiting 10.7 million patients.
Privia Health™ is a technology-driven, national physician enablement company that collaborates with medical groups, health plans, and health systems to optimize physician practices, improve patient experiences, and reward doctors for delivering high-value care in both in-person and virtual settings. Our platform is led by top industry talent and exceptional physician leadership, and consists of scalable operations and end-to-end, cloud-based technology that reduces unnecessary healthcare costs, achieves better outcomes, and improves the health of patients and the well-being of providers.
Privia Health is a national physician organization meeting providers where they are to transform the healthcare delivery experience. Through high-performance physician groups, accountable care organizations, and population health management programs, Privia works in partnership with health plans, health systems and employers to better align reimbursements to quality and outcomes. Our physician-led model, scalable systems and proprietary technology reduce unnecessary healthcare costs, achieve better outcomes, and improve the health of patients we serve.