Collaborative Health Partners of Virginia (CHP) and its primary care partners—CVFP Medical Group, Walk-In-Care, and Physicians Treatment Center—are pleased to announce their success as a participant in one of the nation’s highest-performing accountable care organizations (ACO), Privia Quality Network (PQN). PQN achieved shared savings of $57 million through the Medicare Shared Savings Program (MSSP). Together, Privia Health ACOs provided high-value, cost-efficient care to more than 119,000 Medicare beneficiaries in 2019.
These company-wide results reflect Privia’s commitment to improvingthe health of the communities we serve through technology, team-based care, and unique wellness programs to keep people healthy, prevent disease, and improve care coordination both in and outside of the doctor’s office.
“Our physicians, healthcare providers, care management teams and staff provide exceptional care when, where and how patients want to receive their care,” said Shawn Morris, CEO, Privia Health. “These results are continued proof that the Privia national physician platform is transforming the healthcare delivery experience for patients and physicians. We know doctors and understand how to meet them where they are on their journey to transform care in their community.”
In addition to the significant 2019 savings Privia generated, other noteworthy highlights across all four ACOs include:
- Delivered total annual average expenditures 14% lower than the median MSSP ACO and 22% lower than total Fee for Service Medicare.
- Achieved weighted average emergency room utilization 20% lower than the median MSSP ACO and 28% lower than total Fee for Service Medicare.
- Delivered weighted average outpatient facility spend 25% lower than the median MSSP ACO and 36% lower than total Fee for Service Medicare.
- Accomplished weighted average inpatient facility spend 18% lower than the median MSSP ACO and 28% lower than total Fee for Service Medicare.
- Performed over a 92% quality score in each region.
The amount of Medicare healthcare expenses under management by Privia’s ACOs has grown from $111 million (2014) to $1.7 billion (2019). Established through the Affordable Care Act, MSSP facilitates coordination and cooperation among providers that form ACOs to improve health outcomes, increase the standards of care and reduce unnecessary costs, benefiting more than 11 million patients.
Privia Health is a national physician organization meeting providers where they are to transform the healthcare delivery experience. Through high-performance physician groups, accountable care organizations, and population health management programs, Privia works in partnership with health plans, health systems and employers to better align reimbursements to quality and outcomes. Our physician-led model, scalable systems and proprietary technology reduce unnecessary healthcare costs, achieve better outcomes, and improve the health of patients we serve.